Thursday, November 5, 2020

Larry Hoberman, BHS '67 (1949-2020)

Lawrence Steven Hoberman
January 19, 1949 - November 5, 2020

VERY SORRY TO SHARE THE LOSS OF OUR CLASSMATE AND FRIEND, LARRY HOBERMAN... 

Posted on Facebook by Don Ray November 5, 2020 

Sad news. Larry Hoberman lost his battle today. His cousin, Ron Panich, just called to tell me Larry died. He fought hard. I’m certain he was exhausted. The nurse told Ron that Larry was so weak that there was nothing to do for him when his vitals dropped so low. He was 71. He was born on January 29, 1949. He was working as an accountant. His work focused on tax preparation — mostly for non-profits. He was an enrolled agent and represented his clients in U.S. Tax Court. He was also a mortgage broker and a property manager. 

From his landlady/friend: 

It is with a very heavy heart that I inform you that Larry has given up his fight. This morning at 5:00 am I was notified by the Windsor nurse that Larry had been readmitted to Los Robles Hospital, because he was desaturating. He had been in the emergency room several hours and the nurses were very concerned about his prognosis. His blood pressure once again was very low, he needed blood and much more oxygen; he was also not responsive and they believe that he was again septic. Shortly after, Larry suffered a heart attack and at 1:15pm he passed. My condolences to Ron and Karen and all of you. I had known Larry only 5 years compared to all of you. Well, Larry just couldn't fight anymore and has crossed over to the other side of the shooting range where he will be free and out of pain. I will miss his voice and his awesome stories. I will really miss him as I'm sure you all will too. 

Melody 

RIP Larry.

FIND A GRAVE Link

Larry and his his sister Karen Hoberman, BHS '69, were raised in Burbank by parents Sam and Libby Hoberman.

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS...


  • Well that’s sad, RIP Bulldog 😔

  • Very sad news, may he Rest In Peace.
     
    badge icon
    So sorry to read this... 😞❣️🙏


  • badge icon
    So sorry to hear this sad news. He fought like a true Bulldog. RIP.

  • So sorry to hear about Larry. RIP my friend
     
    Ron & Karen,
    My sincerest condolences of our loss of Larry. He belonged to all of us.
    Scott
     
    Prayers to his family and friends.... RIP

  • So very sorry to hear this 😢.

  • Melody you have been an angel advocating for Larry and keeping Don Ray informed so Larrys classmates could cheer him on, in their way. Thank you and I pray your loss is filled with many fond memories.
    Don Ray, a more stalwart friend Larry couldn't find. I pray you will find Peace in his passing and joy in all the many years of memories the two of you shared.
    And Larry, thank you; you fought with valour; rest now.
  • So sorry to hear this. He fought long and hard. So sad and condolences to the family. Carol & Alex

  •  
    Thank you, Don, for being such a good friend to Larry. I’m so sorry he lost his fight but I’m sure he’s in a better peace. RIP. 🙏🏻

  • RIP Larry So sorry to hear about his passing, Don you were a great friend.

  • Sad day but he's at peace now.

  • Sorry to hear....he is at peace
     
    So sad 🙏🙏🙏for him

  • So sorry to hear this. He looked so good the other day. Maybe we should have realized it was his last rally. R.I.P. Larry. 💙
  •  
  • My condolences to all his family and friends. RIP Larry.
Condolences to his family! 🙏 RIP Larry!
 
What a tragic loss. Larry was one of those guys who made everybody laugh. I knew him from second grade at Thomas Jefferson Elementary School. Larry had this room in his garage called "The Fort." We used to indulge in every kind of vice you could think of! He was one heck of a fighter. He was a leader -- in Boy Scouts the Scout Master used to ask him questions because of Larry's insights and cool personality. He was Ron Panich's cousin. Both of those guys were blessed and were blessings to all of us who knew them. Larry was uncanny. By that I mean he was no-nonsense, and he would not back down from fights -- verbal or otherwise. I regret and mourn his passing. We had planned a lunch with Don Ray, and we never accomplished that due to schedules and then the pandemic. I did not know of his illness or his unfortunate passing. Larry contacted me a few years ago to assist him in a charity he had established for victims of kidney disease. His heart was big and open to all. His humor, his ability to make others laugh will never be forgotten.
 
Spread some sunshine up there Larry. RIP bulldog.
 
I’m so sorry! Prayers for his family.
🙏🏻
 
Another bulldog down very sad. Condolences to friends and family
 
Rest in Peace
 
This makes me sad. I remember him well.
😢
 
RIP
 


No comments:

Post a Comment