Monday, March 7, 2022

Joyce Cervenka Carlstrom, BHS '67 (1948-2015)


 Joyce Ann Cervenka Carlstrom
September 2, 1948 - May 6, 2015

While looking for classmates in preperation for our 55th class reunion Oct 14-16, 2022, I was sad to learn of the passing of classmate Joyce Cervenka.

Joyce had 3 brothers: Jerry Cervenka BHS '62 (1945-2013), Tom Cervenka BHS '71 and Ron Cervenka BHS '72.

A neighbor in Oregon posted the following in familysearch.org regarding Joyce and her husband Rick:

"I met Rick in the winter of 2014, he was dying of small cell lung cancer. I did not get a chance to know him well personally, though over the next few months I came to know he was a kind man, always funny even in pain. and he loved his wife Joyce. he had a daughter Emily Carlstrom born probably in the 70's. I met her and she is about my age, or a little older. He loved the grateful dead. and was an avid "deadhead" worked as a machinist last in life. had a long life of drug tobacco, and alcohol use. he and Joyce had a small herd of horses. that they rode together. there are pictures of him taming a deer. feeding and petting it. He loved trains. and spent much of his spare time on the computer. He died at home in cherry grove. I was their neighbor and friend. for the short while that I had the chance to know them. his wife died a little over a year later. struggling to get over her loss. she died of a pulmonary embolism."

Joyce married 3 times: Neal Moser in 1966, Robert Pickrell in 1972 and Richard Carlstrom in 1990. She had two sons: Neal Moser born in 1966 and Patrick Pickrell born in 1973.

Both Joyce's older brother, Jerry, and her son Neal L Moser Jr., passed away in 2013 and  then her husband, Rick Carlstrom, passed away in 2014.... heartbreaking.

RIP Joyce, Jerry, Rick and Neal.

LINK to Find A Grave https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/237382037/joyce-ann-carlstrom


2 comments:

  1. Way too young. New her brother Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so miss Joyce. R.I.P. my friend

    ReplyDelete