Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Dona Foy Porcaro Bruckner, BHS '67 (1949-2023)


Dona Ruth Foy Porcaro Bruckner
July 26, 1949 - January 24, 2023


Heartbreaking news about friend and classmate, Dona Ruth Foy Porcaro Bruckner, posted today by husband, Scott Bruckner...

Two weeks ago today, I lost my beautiful wife to a terrible lung disease called IPF. A light went out in the world that day while she lay next to me. She touched thousands of lives, and will be forever missed. I loved her with all my being.

Dona was a fun-loving, amazing person and will be greatly missed. She grew up in Burbank on the corner of Orange Grove Ave and Ninth St, the youngest of siblings Dennis and Tonia. The parents were Ralph and Ruth Foy. Mr. Foy was the General Manager of the Public Service Department for Burbank and eventually, there was a park named after him.


 

FIND A GRAVE Link

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS... 
 
Donna Luce Veatch Neitman 
Oh no! My sincere and deepest condolences to Scott and family! 😢🙏🙏🙏 RIP Dona 
 
Patricia Sorley 
R.I.P. BULLDOG. Blessings to family. 
 
Janis Miller 
So sorry to hear this! Michael Torres Sorry to hear about Dona Foy Bruckner she was a wonderful person prayers are being sent to Scott Bruckner and the rest of the family! 
 
Darlene Culotta 
Sorry to hear this. Janis Bustrum O'Brien So sad 🙏 
 
Mickey DePalo 
Rest In Peace 🙏 
 
Gary Holloway 
Such a shame. Dona was a sweetheart. RIP ma’am 
 
Nancy Jean Krogh Brez 
Oh my goodness! I stopped by her house a few months ago & she wasn’t able to see me. My dear friend I’m going to miss you so much. So many memories❤️❤️❤️. I’m so sorry for your loss Scott. 🙏🙏🙏 
 
Nancy Fischer 
So sad to hear! I really enjoying getting to know Dona (and Scott) at the 50th class reunion. Dona was always full of life and love! RIP Dona. Prayers for Scott and the family.❤️ 
 
Martin Lillibridge 
RIP Bulldog 🙏 
 
Annette Dinolfo Bennett 
Oh no RIP Dona . She was a very nice person to me all of our school years together. 🙏🏼❤️🙏🏼 
 
Jo Elaine Morton 
🙏🥰😌I adored Dona. She was always happy and kind. She was wonderful and Scott filled her with the greatest joy. She was blessed. 💕 
 
Mary Boriso Jordan 
I didn't know Dona personally, but I would see her in the halls...,always smiling. So sorry, Scott for losing your precious love...May God bless you, keep you and give you peace. 🌹💕 
 
Lauralee Sengers Slocum 
Sorry to hear this. RIP 
 
Eliede Pounds 
Sorry to hear..condolences to the family. Dona was my neighbor and was always cheerful and kind. 
 
Kathy Buzan 
That is so very sad, RIP Donna you will be missed.😢🤗❤️ 
 
Barbara Zelenay Berry 
Nooooo,so deeply saddened. What a sweet lady. May she RIP.. 
 
Carol Stephenson-Walter 
Oh what bad news. RIP Donna 
 
Jennifer Dale Schatz 
I'm so sad to hear about Dona.😥 My love goes out to Scott. ❤️ 
 
Carol Baker 
R.I.P. Dona. Gone way too soon. 🙏🏻 
 
Marilyn Williams Peterson 
I didn't know Dona well in high school, but hung out with her and Scott at some of the '67 reunions. Such a sweet, fun-loving person. She will be greatly missed. Love to Scott and the family.💜 
 
Mary Durrer 
So sorry too hear Dona was always a kind and friendly person. My condolences to Scott and her family
 
Alma Carson
So sorry for your loss God just gained another angel R.I.P🙏❤️

Charlotte J. Mearns
That's so sad🙏🙏🙏❤️prayers for comfort for everyone.

Alan Landros
I had a kidney transplant in 2008. At that time Dona and Scott still lived nearby to me in Valencia. After I got home from the hospital about ten days after my surgery Dona came over several times with dinners she had made for me, I'm remembering Italian dishes! She made enough for several meals each time she brought food to me. Now that is almost 15 years ago, but still a clear memory of her kindness to me! I feel badly for Scott, and also for Dona's sons. So sorry.
   Mary Durrer
   Alan Landros she was really such a nice person

Donald Matthews
RIP, Ma'am 😢

Dani Marie Kleist
So sorry to hear this. RIP sweet Dona Foy Porcaro Bruckner. I remember you fondly.

Louise Good Hernandez
Gene Hernandez and I send our condolences and prayers. May Dona Rest In Peace. 🙏🏻💔

Charmaine Chastain
Rest in peace fellow Bulldog Drill Teamer .

Betty Worland
Very sad news. My deepest condolences to Scott, her family and many friends. ❤

Virginia Hamilton
My condolences to you and your family. Rip.😇🙏💔

Cecilia Olga Aguirre Sheehan
I remember her. RIP fellow Bulldog.

Bobbi Baldaseroni
RIP Dona

4 comments:

  1. We are so very sad to hear of Dona's sudden passing. Such a sweet person. Our prayers and heartfelt sympathy go out to Scott and their family...God Bless You All...
    Pam and Jon Kirkwood BHS '64

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did not know Donna well but remember her from school! So sorry for her passing Scott 🥲

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear this about Donna .sending my blessings to Scott and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used to go to her house and swim at her pool after school all the time she was a good person,

    ReplyDelete