Monday, May 1, 2023

Larry MacMonagle, BHS '67 (1949-2023)

 Lawrence "Larry" Bruce MacMonagle
March 20, 1949 - April 29, 2023

We just received word from Larry's daughter, Mindy, that he passed away. This is so sad... I've known Larry since Kindergarden at Miller School in Burbank. 

A very fun fellow who in 2021 began zooming with our classmastes. Larry lived in Auburn, Washington, studied at Green River Community College and was retired from Intel. His sister Kay is a graduate of BHS '64. 

We pray for his family during this difficutl time.

A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS...

Carol Baker
R.I.P. Larry. We will miss your fun personality and your songs! πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»πŸ™πŸ»

Loanne Walker Ginchereaux
❤️πŸ™πŸ»

Ed Grinde
R.I.P. We put lots of miles on our bikes when we were in Junior High. Thanks for the great memories.

Cathy Coyle
In Jr High Larry used to like my sister, Carol. He went to the World’s Fair with his family & brought back both of us souvenir scarves. He was always such a kind soul. I loved hearing him sing on our Class Zoom sessions. He would just bolt out singing Opera. So sorry to hear he has passed away. RIP Larry.

Barbara Zelenay Berry
πŸ™ ♥

Steve Beninato
I will miss you Larry.

Julie Guttridge
Did not know Larry but said none the less to loose another Bulldog. Condolences to his family. πŸ™πŸ’•

Jodi Tillotson Huddleston
RIP Larry, we dated for a bit in High School.

Deanna Jennings
I’m stunned, and saddened by this news. He was such a joy and fun addition to our Zoom sessions. I will miss you Larry. πŸ’™

Diana Ziegler Larsen
Hasn't he been on our zooms? This is so sad. πŸ™πŸ’”πŸ™
Cathy Palmer
Diana Ziegler Larsen Yes in 2021 he zoomed with us at least 4 or 5 times and recently his was texting me saying he wanted to join us again, but that never happened. Very very sad…

Diane Ward
How sad. He was a pleasure to listen to on Zoom calls. He will be missed! Condolences to his family.

Carol Stephenson-Walter
RIP Larry

Robert Fabrizio
We were really good friends in high school did some crazy things…I will miss you Larry …RIP.

MAY 7, 2023 UPDATE
From Mindy…

Hi Cathy.  Here is a postable Memorial card.  I read some of the comments on the blog and it made me so happy.  Thanks for doing this.

It was Pancreatitis.  Something new that came on all of a sudden and he passed within 48 hours.  He had his family with him until the end.  He was loving and faithful and was able to speak until the last 10 minutes of his life which was a blessing for us.



2 comments:

  1. He was always friendly towards me and a great smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Larry my friend ... Renton WA is only a couple of hours drive for me. So ... I will load up the Hot Rod and head to your Memorial. We shoulda made time over the years for more ... The clock ticks relentlessly on.

    ReplyDelete