Saturday, November 11, 2023

Ed Largey, BHS '67 (1948-2023)

William Edward Largey, Jr
December 1, 1948 Los Angelels CA - November 3, 2023 Fillmore CA
 
Ashley Largey posted this on Facebook yesterday. I am so sorry... Ed was a great guy and I remember in high school he was very friendly always had a smile. We send our deepest condolences to Ashley and her family...
 
On this Veterans Day, I’m so sad to report that we lost my amazing dad @eddies.almanac one week ago, November 3rd, 2023 to pancreatic cancer. I can barely type this without bursting into tears, this time of year has been hard for me my entire adult life but this is the ultimate gut punch. He was a Veteran, retired LAPD, Indiana Jones Enthusiast, Saints Fanatic, Model-T Expert, Avocado Extraordinaire, Nickname Aficionado, Grill Master, Pirate. Certified Baby and Puppy Whisperer, He could fix literally anything, Knew all the words to every song by the Doors, Can quote episodes of California Gold, Loved red meat and red potato salad. Dad, you were so stubborn, funny, smart, handsome, kind, giving, strong, talented, selfless and wise. But your best quality is how much you cared about, sacrifice for, and loved your family and your country. Thank you for making @ragtymestation a mom, for giving me great siblings and a great work ethic. Thanks for teaching me how to throw a football and change a tire. Thanks for giving me the nickname “Lumpy”, the shoulders of a line backer, and the hands of a power forward. Thanks for teaching me to stick to what I believe in and to never let other people’s opinions sway my own. You’re like, a really great father. I love you, Ed Largey, time to “break on through to the other side”.❤️
Sidebar: I am very grateful and thankful for my family, friends, all of my clients, and colleagues who helped me get him into the right doctors and take the time off to spend his last days with him. ⚜️

 









A FEW FACEBOOK COMMENTS...

Nancy Olsen Barry
I am posting this as Ed Largey was from the class of 1967. Ed was my ex husband and the father of my son Bill and daughter Coleen. Three grandchildren Aaron, Mackenzie and Devin . I was from the class of 1970. He later married Cindy and had 4 more daughters and 2 grandchildren.

Racquel Rippengale
Very special❤️. To speak of your Dad with such detail is a definite indicator that you were very close to him. Blessings to you, the family, and your Dads pals during your hours of bereavement. Tom & Family.

Diana Ziegler Larsen
So sad to read this. RIP Ed.

Martin Lillibridge
RIP Bulldog πŸ™

Debbie Brey Bennett
What a beautiful tribute.
~Debbie Torres class of ‘69 πŸ’♥️

Virginia Hamilton
My condolences to you and your family. Rip Ed.πŸ˜‡πŸ™

Annette Dinolfo Bennett
πŸ’™πŸ™πŸΌπŸ’™

Les Heller
πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”Breaks my heart

Phil Kieffer
He will be missed!

Vicki Herrin Fields
Rest in Peace ⚘️

Deanna Jennings
What a great classmate in Jr. High & High School. Blessings to you and your family.

Deanna Bergman
Very kindest sympathies! 🌷

Mary Durrer
I hope his family gets to read these I don’t know what to say he was a very kind man in high school we were in some classes together. He never had a mean thing to say. God bless his family

Loanne Walker Ginchereaux
❤️πŸ™πŸ»

Betsey Nash
Beautiful tribute. ❤️

Pamela SpangTop contributor
Oh my, what do you say after that great description of a great guy…how blessed you are Ashley to have had Ed as your dad. What a life story, thanks for sharing and sorry for your loss. Such a great guy, so tall, so funny , so kind, he will be missed. Safe travels Ed πŸ™πŸ» and Gods blessings to the family.

Carol BakerAdmin
This is so sad. My condolences to his family. R.I.P. Ed.

Cathy CoyleAdmin
So sorry to hear about the passing of Ed. My school girl memories of him is that he was soft spoken, courteous & kind, with a nice smile. God Bless his family.

Mary Durrer
He was really nice

Linda Everett
I have such fond memories of Ed being a soft spoken, kind and likable guy starting way back at Emerson Elementary School. Reading what his daughter wrote so eloquently tells so much about what this fine man accomplished in his life and how much he gave of himself to those who loved him. My heart and prayers are with his family and loved ones. πŸ™❤️πŸ™

Donna Luce Veatch Neitman
Condolences to Largey family!
πŸ™

Shari Johnson
Another Emerson Elementary friend gone. I had many classes with him. Sad

Louise Good Hernandez
Beautiful sentiments. May Ed rest in peace. Gene Hernandez and I are sending our condolences and prayers. πŸ™πŸ»πŸ’”

1 comment:

  1. Here was the diffination of "A great guy", always a pleasure to be in his company. RIP "Big Fella"

    ReplyDelete