Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gary Arthur Lundquist 1944 - 2009


Senior photos from 1962 Ceralbus


Today received sad news that Gary Lundquist, BHS class '62, passed away last week. He was the youngest of Carl and Anne's five children.

Growing up down the street from the Lundquist home, I personally have many wonderful memories of this loving family. When Gary and Shirley started their family, I babysat Lori, Scott and Angie every now and again. Gary's brother, Carl, married my sister, Patricia.

While in the US Air Force, Gary got Systemic Lupus which went into remission but flare-ups over the years compromised his immune system that led to a lung fungus which tragically caused his death.

Please keep Shirley, also a BHS class '62 grad, and her family in your prayers during this difficult time of loss...


Email dated September 3, 2009:
This morning we lost Gary.
He will surely be missed.
He passed peacefully in his sleep, without struggle.
His family was near.
Thank you for your prayers and support.
He is now breathing easy, and is joined with so many loved ones that went before him.
He is soaring in the heavens, watching over us all.

Please see the attachment.

The Lord bless and keep us.



You are always on our minds...
Gary Arthur Lundquist
December 7, 1944 ~ September 3, 2009

Don’t grieve for me, for now I'm free
I'm following the path God has laid you see.
I took his hand when I heard his call,
I turned my back and left it all.
I could not stay another day,
To laugh, to love, to work or to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way,
I found peace at the close of the day.
If my parting has left a void,
Then fill it with remembered joys.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss,
Oh yes, these things I too will miss.
Be not burdened with times of sorrow,
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life's been full, I savored much,
Good friends, good times, a loved one's touch.
Perhaps my time seemed all too brief,
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts, and peace to thee....
God wanted me now, He set me free.

I’ll be loving you…ALWAYS

2 comments:

  1. Miss you Dad😘❤️Lori. Your ducky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lori, I’m sorry for your loss… your dad was a great guy.
      PS Do you remember when I babysat you a loooong time ago in Burbank?
      Lots of love,
      Cathy Palmer
      cathyjpalmer@yahoo.com

      Delete