Thursday, May 26, 2011

Listen to Don Ray on the Radio Friday Night May 27, 2011

Received the following today from our friend and BHS '67 alumni, Don Ray!

Greetings,

I just found out today that an interview I did for “The Story, with Dick Gordon” will air this coming Friday. In the L.A. area, it airs on KPCC-FM, 89.3 F.M. The show starts at 8 p.m. My segment will air sometime around 8:40 p.m.

If you’re not in the L.A. area, here’s a link that will show you where and when the show airs near you: http://thestory.org/Stations. It will also show you how you can listen to it online if you miss it on Friday.

What’s my story about? It’s about a 19-year-old combat dog handler in Vietnam who finds out that they’re taking his faithful dog away and “volunteering” him to be the untrained, unsupervised veterinarian technician. Yikes! As I recall, I tell him about a wild Med Evac helicopter ride in the middle of the night and how I had to practically hijack a gunship helicopter for the send leg of the trip to save a sick dog’s life. But the real story is about the mysterious disease that the American dogs were catching. And they were dying. I tell the story about how the nearest veterinarian (100 miles away) told me that there was nothing that a vet tech could do about it --- and how I proved him wrong.

19 years old? Geez. I can’t believe it’s been that long. I hope you’ll listen to it and that you’ll share it with others.

Oh, and if you have nothing to do tomorrow or this weekend, you can come and watch me move from my new office to an even newer office. You can marvel at how the spirit of the “can do” 19-year-old still lives on in the way I single-handedly turn from journalist/documentary producer into Don the Moving Guy.

Oh, you might want to listen to “The Story” every weeknight. He’s a great interviewer --- not something I often say about my competitors. J

Enjoy,

Don Ray

Ps. I know that you have a wonderful story that you could also tell to Dick Gordon. Go to the website and share your story with him.

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Don Ray
(818) 237-3728
Click here for my sometimes silly and sometimes awesome blog:
http://donrayadventures.blogspot.com/

--- end ---


PREVIOUS POST



MAY 27, 2010 UPDATE FROM DON
Here’s a link to download the podcast ---- remember that the Don Ray story is about 2/3 (31:20) of the way into the program: http://thestory.org/archive/The_Story_52711.mp3 You can also find a link and a bit more information on my silly blog at http://donrayadventures.blogspot.com/. I hope you enjoy it. They did a pretty good job of editing it.
Thanks.
Don Ray

No comments:

Post a Comment