Received this fun quiz today in an email from fellow alumni Kees De Vries. Answers at the end :)
1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, "Who was that masked man?" Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind." What did he leave behind?________________.
2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on "The _____________ Show."
3. "Get your kicks, ________________."
4. "The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to ________________."
5. "In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________."
6. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the _______________.
7. Nestle's makes the very best...... _______.
8. Satchmo was America's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.
9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.
10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named ___________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, "Good Night, and ______ ______."
11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their_____________.
12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ and ____________.
13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to _________________.
14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ____________.
15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waists. It was called the ____________.
16. Do you remember this cigarette advertisement: LS/MFT? ______ ______ / ______ _____ _____
17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's.... ________________!
18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? The __________ knows!
19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash" it's name was the _______________!
20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as its representative or logo. What was the boy's name? _____________.
1.The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
2. The Ed Sullivan Show
3. On Route 66
4. To protect the innocent.
5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
6. The limbo
8. Louis Armstrong
9. The Timex watch
10. Freddy, The Freeloader and 'Good Night and God Bless'
11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned; not flags, as some have guessed)
12. Beetle or Bug
13. Buddy Holly
16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco
17. Howdy Doody Time
19. Monster Mash