Monday, December 1, 2008

The Follis Sisters

Bless your heart, Pierrette... I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother in 2006 and then of your husband last year! Praying that the Lord heals and comforts your heart. And I imagine your little granddaughter brings wonderful joy into your home these days.



Dear Cathy,

Thank you so much for continuing to send out your newsletters, you are doing such a wonderful job! It is so nice to hear about others that went to Burbank High back when I did.

Many of the students that went to Burbank attended Luther Burbank Junior High School and were lucky enough to have a class or two with my mother, Betty Follis. Mother passes away July 29, 2006. After the funeral in Las Vegas, my husband and I came out to Burbank for the burial in October 2006.

That was the first time in 35 years that I'd been back. It was interesting to see what has changed, like Burbank High! And to catch up with Shirley Root Benson and her daughter (who is named after my sister Cindy). Since then, Shirley, Cindy and I have visited several times, this past Summer, Shirley came and joined me in Denver and we drove down to Santa Fe to visit my sister Cindy and her husband at their house. I have lived in Denver for the past 25 years and totally love it.

My husband passed away last December after a long fight with emphysema. So this year I have sought to move my career in a new direction and adjust to my new circumstances. I have a wonderful daughter who is a partner with the KPMG accounting firm, and a 19 month old granddaughter. As I am rapidly coming up on my 60th birthday, I am truly looking forward to 2009.

Life is good! Merry Christmas to all!

Pierrette Follis Ray
Pierrette3@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment