Sunday, March 15, 2009

Dancing in the 1950's

Today received the following email from Pam Kirkwood '64. Thanks Pam and Linda for taking us on a fun trip down memory lane once again!

Hi Cathy,
Thought you would enjoy this...I received the following email from Linda Melton Damarjian JBHS '61...She is the Chairperson of our Annual BHS/JBHS Reunion Picnic and a really wonderful person. (no relation to Don Melton '65 or Peggy Melton '66)

Pam
Just a tidbit FYI....
We used to dance like this when I was in school, only not with 2 girls. We went to the Olive Rec Center in Burbank on Wednesday nights and we had a back room where we could dance and practice new steps and turns. It was called "Lindy Club". Fun times for sure '59-'61. I and some of my friends use to swing dance on TV almost everyday after school at KCOP in Hollywood. I'd get a group and we'd all drive down there to The Wink Martindale Dance Party Show. We'd dance for an hour and go out with a 6 pack of Coke & Bubble Up each day. They were our sponsors. I had a whole patio full of the stuff and use to sell it to my brothers for a quarter a bottle. HA!! In the summer after my Jr. year we did the show from POP in Santa Monica. Good 'ol days for sure!!! Wink and I were good friends and are still in touch. He lives about 10 min. from us in Calabasas. We email now & then too. George and I still Swing dance, I taught him years ago. We love to dance on cruises. Love this video!!!!

Linda

Very cool video...about 4 minutes...this guy sure has a smooth rhythm...looked like so much fun, and gets better once into it...


source


MORE VIDEO CLIPS...

Here's more dancing from the 50's!

source

Top 30 best rock songs of the 50's

source

More dancing from the movie Don't Knock the Rock

source

Razzle Dazzle by Bill Haley from the film Rock Around The Clock

source

No comments:

Post a Comment