Saturday, September 4, 2010

BHS '66 SAVE THE DATE

Update from Linda (Schuster) Mazur for the BHS Class '66...

Hi classmates:

Yes, we have a date for our 45th Reunion: August 27/28, 2011, the weekend BEFORE Labor Day weekend next year.

No, we don't know WHERE it'll be. BUT: the Committee is meeting THIS Tuesday evening (Sept 7) at my house in Pasadena, CA, to figure all that out. It's not too late to join us. Let me know if you want to participate on the Committee locally or faraway, and I'll send more particulars.

In the meantime, some of you have risen to the occasion and have found more of our "missing" classmates. I'm sure they thank you! The more, the merrier. Here are the most recently updated roster and "missing" lists. Please help out by seeing if YOU can find just ONE former classmate/friend.

If you no longer have your yearbook, or can't find it, Cathy Palmer has uploaded all of our senior pictures onto her blog, at: http://bhsclass67.blogspot.com/2009/09/bhs-class-66-ceralbus-senior-photos.html. Keep this link close at hand for when I send you current pictures of our aging classmates....

News from Joann (Fitzhugh) Mumby, who moved to Alabama AND was diagnosed with cancer at the same time, "I am doing fine now. I was diagnosed with breast cancer July 08. I had radiation and I'm taking arimidex, so far so good see the doc's every 6 months and have a clean bill of health at the moment. One never knows when this disease will rear it's ugly head so I stay diligent with my check ups. I also have an annual CT PET scan and that also came back clear. Stage 2 is what I had. We are in Fairhope Alabama now. Hubby got a job here so we moved from Beautiful California in July of 08. I was diagnosed a week after moving here. Pretty tuff being so far from friends and family but we made it and I'm making new friends." Her e-mail is still themumbys@msn.com

Eddie Morton has put his writing and photography skills to work and created a blog, http://talesofamerica.us/ Received his most recent post, "I spent the morning of 8/28 taking photos on the Glen Beck and Al Sharpton events on the Federal Mall. My commentary and links to the photos are located at this link: http://www.talesofamerica.us/dcmetro/dc_rallies/marches.htm

And opera lovers will enjoy reading Pam Feinsilber's escapades leading up to San Francisco's production of The Ring next year. Here is her most recent post: http://the-ring-and-i.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&updated-max=2011-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=7

That's it for now. Until next time,

Linda (Schuster) Mazur
Pasadena, CA
626-644-1818

No comments:

Post a Comment