Monday, February 2, 2009

6 More Weeks of Winter says Good Ol' Punxsutawney Phil!

BURRRRR!!!


source

Teri Troxel McClain lives in Punxsutawney and here's her update - thanks Teri!

Hi Cathy

Happy Ground Hog Day!! I am waiting for Phil, the world-famous Weather Prognosticating Groundhog, to come out of his tree stump and tell us what he sees. The way I understand it is, if Phil sees his shadow, he gets scared and goes back in to hide. Then we have six more weeks of winter. No shadow, spring is here. Lots of people in town for the activities. As of 6:14 am I have not heard if Phil has seen his shadow yet. We have two fronts coming thru with some snow. It's warm today about 37 out but cold and snowny weather on the way. The low around 6 degrees. How's sunny California? I help my daughter with her antique shop DIXIE DEAN. We have primitive and salvage pieces. We have been working to get ready for this week. I am excited, The Steelers, Pittsburgs Football team, won the Super Bowl. GO STEELERS!! It was a great game.

God Bless You.

Teri

No comments:

Post a Comment