Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Wes & Mike's World!






BHS Alumni Wes Clark and Mike McDaniel are busy bees when it comes to keeping us informed with what's new (and old) in Burbank, so be sure to check it out: WHAT'S NEW?

Thanks guys for the great reporting!!

And here's more from Wes this morning...


Hey Cathy!

Awesome blog, as always! I liked the Skunk Works stuff – my Dad used to work there. And I see you, too, got the time capsule story.

I don’t see the Montrose bowling pics Pam mentioned in her loop. Is there just the one?

Wes Clark – ‘74


Hi Wes,
Here is the link to Don's party http://bhsclass67.blogspot.com/2009/01/dons-party.html

So your dad worked at Skunk Works... did he tell you anything we don't already know - some secret stuff?? Enquiring minds want to know!

Glad you like the blog and when you news/discoveries etc, send it my way. In fact, I'll post it whenever you send it: Wes' News or something like that. You have A LOT going on at your websites, so a newsletter or news flash would be very cool.

cheers!

Cathy




The Montrose does look cool… those places are fewer and fewer. It’s good to save what’s left!

Yes, Dad worked there. But bear in mind that he was a maintenance painter, that is, he painted the facility. Men’s rooms, offices, etc. He knew no secret stuff.

As far as a news flash is concerned – that’s just a link to the Burbankia what’s new. Everything I get (oftentimes from Mike McDaniel) goes in there.

Wes


I forgot:

"Appeared in Elvis movie" – A friend of mine from my youth, Del Casher, did. “Roustabout.” I explain him here (http://wesclark.com/am/home_movies.html). He’s considered the father of the wah pedal - http://www.delcasher.com/photos.html

Saw him in 2004… http://www.wesclark.com/ubn/me_and_del.jpg He let me play that ’63 Strat he’s holding. It was given to him by Leo Fender and is worth over $30,000!

Anyway, because Del shook hands with Elvis he has an Elvis number of 1. Del shook hands with me – that gives me an Elvis number of 2. I shook hands with you, so you have an Elvis number of 3!

You also have a Beatles number of 3…

Wes

No comments:

Post a Comment