Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chris (Hesketh) Butenschoen

Received the following emails after sending out the class newsletter. Thanks for the recent photo and the update, Chris!





Cathy - this is so much fun to read! I spent my senior year at BHS ('67) and unfortunately, never bonded with very many folks. I remember many of the names and pictures, tho, so it is a real treat to read about everyone.

Regards,
Chris (Hesketh) Butenschoen


Hi Chris!
Thanks for writing and so glad you are enjoying the newsletter. It's fun for me too!

So were you at BHS only your senior year? It would be great if you could give a little update on your life, Chris, along with a recent photo or more if possible that I can post on the blog and send in the next newsletter.

Thanks so much & I hope you have a great day.

blessings,
Cathy



Yes, I transferred into BHS from Connecticut for just my senior year - I was in the business classes, and ended up taking only the required classes and working at Boggess Typewriter in the afternoons (work experience program).

After high school I landed in Florida working for Pratt & Whitney for 3 years then on to San Francisco where I worked for Bechtel about 30 years.(started out as secretary, eventually made it to Field Procurement Manager). During my time with Bechtel, I was transferred to Bellingham, WA to work at the BP (then ARCO) Cherry Point Refinery on a temporary assignment. Finished out my Bechtel career, travelling to a number of places - Guam, New Zealand, Italy, North Dakota, Illinois, Colorado to name a few, but found my second husband and built a home here in Bellingham (God's country!). BP Cherry Point hired me in 2000 where I currently reside as the Sr. Contract Administrator - BUT! Retirement is only 11 months away - yahoo!

I did toy with coming down to one of the reunions, but it was at the time I owned a small business here in Bellingham, and the money just wasn't there. That business was a good experience - taught me I prefer a paycheck!

It is very enjoyable reading your notes - I don't remember too many folks except by their pictures (the Martin twins were friends), but it is wonderful to hear the updates. Keep up the good work.

This picture is of my husband Bob and me on a recent cruise to Alaska. My first husband and I were married 13 years - great guy, just didn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment