Thursday, January 31, 2008

Owen Newcomer ('66) and Linda Newcomer ('68)

Both Linda Newcomer, Steve Colley's widow, and Owen Newcomer, her brother, kindly gave us updates on Steve which you can read on the Memorial Page.


Btw, Owen is the Mayor of Whittier and we feel honored that he is one of our BHS alumni!

From Owen's website:
"Whittier has been home to my wife, Kristina, and me since 1976. In 2008, we will celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary. Kristina retired a few years ago from a career as a hair stylist and Whittier salon owner. Now, she teaches Tai Chi Chih classes for the YMCA and ballet at Dance En L’air. In addition to being married for a long time, I have been teaching at Rio Hondo College for a long time, 32 years, although now a retired, part-time teacher. Over those years, I have taught classes in California and United States Government. Public service beckoned long ago also. I served for 11 years as an elected member of the Whittier City School Board of Education, and have been a member of the Whittier City Council since 2000. I served as Mayor from 2004-2005 and 2007-2008."

No comments:

Post a Comment