Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Ewe's Not Fat, Ewe's Just Fluffy!


Just received an email from Mary Flavin Durrer who changed her mind and is now coming to our June 21 class luncheon!

Here is my reply back to her:

OH GREAT to hear Mary, that you are coming to BOTH the Saturday picnic and the Sunday lunch!! I will be at both as well and am looking forward to laughing with ya'll! Yes, fun times on the horizon.

SIXTY
Today while talking to my daughter on the phone, I mentioned that I'm walking and riding my bike but not loosing weight. When I mentioned that I use whipping cream in my coffee, she said, "Well, mom, that could be your problem. You should only use whipping cream for special occasions!" So, after we hung up, I thought to myself, ok, I'll use it only for special occasions: twice a day with my coffee I shall celebrate that I'm 60 years old.

GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS
Yesterday, a friend took me out to lunch and when she said she was a senior to get the discount, I asked how old's a senior. Sixty. Oh finally, something good about being sixty! So I loudly exclaimed to all nearby, "HEY, I'M SIXTY. Do you want to see my driver's license??" No, they didn't. I was insulted they didn't card me but am thankful for the $1.50 savings... I guess. Why am I suddenly depressed? Oh never mind. Where's that dark chocolate candy kisses I brought to work...??

CLOSING
And as one lamb said to the other: I'm not fat, I'm just FLUFFY! (or Ewe's Not Fat, Ewe's Just Fluffy!)

See you June!!

Hugs & tears... I mean hugs and cheers!

Fluffy Cathy

No comments:

Post a Comment