Sunday, May 24, 2009

Victory Drive in - Email from Henny Porter Golnick

Back in '58, my sister Susie who was a senior, saw the movie 'South Pacific' and then she bought the album. She must have gone to the Victory Drive-in to see it!

Hi CP:
Henny sent me this nostalgic email. I'm sure many of us remember going to this Drive-in....
Cathy Nicholls Coyle

Brings back old memories....


And look what's playing.....

First shown in 1958!



Found this on youtube... watch Mitzi Gaynor sing 'A Wonderful Guy'

source

UPDATE - thanks Cathy!
CP: South Pacific was also playing at The Loma Theater on San Fernando Road. That's where I remember first seeing it. I must have been 8 or 9 years old when it came out. Your sister, Susie, may have seen it there or maybe at one of the Glendale theaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment