Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Few Responses from Newsletter

Below are a few responses from the latest newsletter sent out - Thanks Folks!

Cathy:
Thank you so much for putting this newsletter together. I was unable to make the Centennial (Live in Texas now) but was so excited about reading about how everyone is doing. Going back in time can be fun and seeing the names of classmates, brings back the Burbank spirit and so many memories.

Keep up the great work!
Patty Betbeze

Hi Cathy:
Thank you so much for the newsletter. You are doing a wonderful newsletter. I have 2 granddaughters. I have moved back to Burbank. My husband and I won first prize at the Holiday Inn in Burbank Halloween costume contest. I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving, Christmas, and a very Happy new Year.

Flora Angel Ferrens


Dear Cathy,
I have has such a good time reading your newsletters. Thank you for sending them to me. I have not attended reunions, and love recalling everyone's names. Please pass my prayers on to Mary Ogle and her family.
Peggy Tufts MacLeod


Thanks for the memories. This greeting comes from Kumasi, Ghana. I'm in an internet cafe on the campus of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (son-in-law attends here). We are visiting grandchild #4 (age 20 months). I will be redeeming the time by conducting a seminar for preachers from Ghana and Togo. Teaching with translators is interesting. Then, I go back to the grind of the lab in Fayette, Missouri. (www.inovatia.com) I concur with Greg vanderWerff. I still tell people about Dr. Twitchell - especially my chemists who can't write a coherent research report. Paula Dean appeared on my radar a few years ago. The author of an article was Paula H. D. something (sorry Paula, I don't have my address book here in Africa). I read the abstract and knew it had to be her, so I e-mailed. Amazing!

Rhys Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment