Tuesday, January 6, 2009

January Sr. Bulldog Luncheon

Today Donna, John and I went to the Sr. Bulldog Luncheon at the Elks Lodge in Burbank.



A woman came to our table to talk to John. She stated to him, "John Coyle. You used to live across the street from Howard Hammer. (Beverly Hammer's older brother.)" She turned out to be John's student teacher from his 5th or 6th grade class at Thomas Jefferson! After talking with her further, we found out that she also was a BHS teacher who started teaching Home Economics at the beginning of our Sophomore year. She was none other than Mrs. Braun! Today she is going by the name of Linda (Gelber) Hyman. She told us that she actually graduated from BHS in 1959! And.... she no longer cooks!




Linda (Gelber) Hyman in 2009 and Mrs. Linda Braun in 1965

Mrs. Hyman told us that she has been in recent contact with Mrs. Carol Gregory. Our female classmates will remember her as our Dance Class Instructor. I remember many good times choreographing dances for her class. One dance I choreographed had so many moves in it that I called it "Collage." Don't ask me where I came up with that name since I'm sure I didn't even know what a photo collage was at that time.


Mrs. Carol Gregory in 1965

Mrs. Hyman told us that Mrs. Gregory had been in a horrific traffic accident a couple of years ago that she was still recuperating from. I am sure we all wish her well in her journey to full recovery.

I'm sure, most of you will agree, it is great to see faces from the past. At least, it keeps your mind young trying to think about them and how much you can actually remember from our good old days at BHS!

Cathy Nicholls Coyle

No comments:

Post a Comment