Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pioneer Art Showcase And Auction - April 4, 2009

As an art teacher, Jeanne Barron Aikman has a FULL plate during the school year. This photo is of the work of one of her students. It is of Dale Chilhuly. Who is that you may wonder - I did! Well, I googled his name to discover that he is an artist as well and here is his website - very cool indeed! Thanks Jeanne and great job, Kristy!



Hello Dear Friends

Well, I was unsuccessful in sending you the official flyer for our Art Showcase and Auction so I figure the next best thing is a picture of one of the manikins my student, Kristy made in the likeness of Dale Chilhuly. It's a stitch and will be one of the auction items. I even emailed a photo to Dale and left a voicemail message about it in case he wants to place a bid ;0) Kristy is even coordinating a group project of a Chihuly inspired chandelier for the center of the gallery. Awesome.

The show has had me very busy with around the clock firings etc. Lots to do.
Many of you remember Bob Strini. He is supporting me in the purchase of sonotubes which will be made into pedestals. I'm so excited to have the pieces on display in a more professional way than just tables. His support for me over the years has been phenomenal and I love him dearly for it. Truly helps when budget issues are tense.

As usual, my timing sucks in getting this to you but I'll swallow my pride and with great humility send this along so that if it is possible, you can swing by for a peek.

It is up for one day only this Saturday 1-4 p.m.. There is an admission of $10 as it is a school fundraiser.

If you require more info, please let me know or just check out our school website.
.
I'm back to being busy.................

Love, Jeanne

Pioneer Art Showcase And Auction
Saturday, April 4, 1:00 - 4:00
In the PAC

go to http://pioneerhigh.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment