Sunday, April 19, 2009

Visit to Los Gatos and Santa Cruz

This weekend before visiting my sister and nieces in Los Gatos, I visited Jeanne Barron Aikman in Los Gatos.



We has a wonderful time driving to Santa Cruz, sang along with a ukulele group, had lunch on the beach and walked on the beach (link).



Blaney is Jeanne's daughter and before leaving, I snapped some photos of Blaney's handmade handbags (link).



4/19/09 UPDATE
Received this nice follow-up email from Jeanne:

Hi Cathy,
What a wonderful time I had with you last night and today.
I'm so glad I was able to take you to Santa Cruz and hear the Ukulele band on the beach. Wasn't that a hoot! Gotta git me one ;0)

This week has been so good for me to just relax and chill. I'm starting to get a few more things checked off my list. Feels good.

I'm sending a couple of photos from the Art Showcase. The first is of Kristy Schaumann and the lovely Chihuly style chandelier. She organized all of my classes. Nearly all of my students blew up at least one balloon and tied it onto the wire framework. They added more as well as the skinny swirly ones on the day the show went up. The show was quite impressive. I'm so proud of how the pedestals turned out too. They really "wowed" everyone, even the students. So grateful to Robert Strini for them.
The second photo is of my family, yea family. Joyce drove my mom up from Burbank and Jan and her husband Danny came from Sunnyvale. They are always so supportive of me especially when it comes time for an art show. They are wonderful.

Also in the picture are two great friends, Chuck and Jodi. Chuck and I were at San Jose State a million years ago. We reconnected 18 years ago for a 50th birthday for Strini. After that he and Jodi attended every art show at Hillbrook where I taught woodshop and ceramics. This is the 2nd art show at Pioneer High and it's been 9 years since I last saw them. It was a joyous surprise.

Looking at these photos makes me realize it's back to work on Monday. I have one more day for coffee and Sudoku on the deck. yum then it's back to the 5am wake up call ... argh!

We are into the final stretch with state testing and Senioritis. Graduation is June 10,2009.

Next stop...the Burbank/Burroughs Picnic in June. Looking forward to that for sure.
Thanks again for popping down this weekend. You are such a treat ;0)
I'll be in touch.

Love you
Jeanne



No comments:

Post a Comment