Thursday, April 15, 2010

Carhops!

As a former Toluca Lake Bob's Big Boy Carhop, I had to post this fun video I stumbled across today.

Nancy Bridgestock Steichmann's (BHS '67) aunt Kay was the manager, so we both got jobs there in the late 60's - wild times indeed!

Next Burbank on Parade, why not have Carhops rollerskating holding trays of food?


source



BHS Display for Centennial


THE FIRST CARHOPS







Carol Sundstrum (BHS '69) was also a carhop.

Carol (Brown) Baker


Carol Brown Baker (BHS '67) wrote, "Wow, that was a long time ago. If my memory is correct it was sometime between 67/68. I went to school in Europe for the summer of 67 and sometime after I returned I got a job at the Toluca Lake Bob's."

Who else??

2 comments:

  1. Recently found out that Carol Baker Brown, BHS '67 was also a carhop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that Carol Brown Baker!!

    ReplyDelete