Thursday, October 4, 2007

Joan Nobile and Fred Ortega (BHS '65)

Joan and Fred, BIG Congratulations to your beautiful daughter, Officer Kristiana! And we all look forward to the Class of '67 Breakfast at your home next year on Sunday, September 14, 2008. Cheers!


Cathy,
Sure you may post the email I sent to Pam and Jon on your blog (which, by the way, is too much fun to read!).

We are very proud of Kristiana. I know she will be a wonderful officer.

I am looking forward to next years class-reunion breakfast at our house…I believe you and I finally came to the agreement that it would be on the Sunday of all the festivities, correct? As it gets closer, we can firm up the time and let people know more about it. (truthfully, I am not even sure if I told Fredo about it…) but no problem…he’s always up for entertaining…and breakfast is a fun meal to put together for a crowd!

Catch up w/u later…I have sooo much work to do! (wishing I was retired right about now!) jmo

FOLLOW UP EMAIL FROM JOAN:

Hi again…just a quick note…I talked to Fred about it and he seemed excited about a breakfast reunion…I knew he would! (he’s a very social person, in case you didn’t notice!!)

JOAN'S ORIGINAL EMAIL TO PAM AND JON KIRKWOOD (BHS 'LOOPERS'):

It was lots of fun seeing old friends and renewing old friendships at the reunion. I have made a promise to myself not to let such a longtime go without speaking with some of them...We all seem so busy and life is passing by quickly.

I have some news to share...with you; Our middle daughter, Kristiana was sworn in last night as a Police Officer. Fred and I and her sister Nikki and brother Michael are very proud of her. I am proud to say that I did not cry through the entire ceremony, (just part of it) but starting at the National Anthem and Pledge of Allegiance, I was pretty choked up. We had quite a crowd attend Kristiana's graduation, including some BHS grads and relatives, Emilio Ortega '61 or '62, not sure, Chris Ortega O'Neill "68 ~ (Fred's brother and sister ~ and their spouses); Gary and Karen (Shield) Smestad '64 along with their son Jeff, who's a Ventura County Sheriff Deputy. Mickey DePalo '64 attended too. My sister Peggy Nobile Erickson (she graduated from Bell Jeff '60) and her grandson Anthony came too. Kristiana's boyfriend and his two brothers and families were there as well. It was a touching ceremony, something we will never forget. We are all excited about Kristiana's new career as one of Burbank 's finest! Tomorrow's the big family celebration...wish us luck!

Take care. See you sometime!

Joan Ortega


No comments:

Post a Comment