Thursday, October 22, 2009

Vietnam Traveling Wall

Today, received the following email from fellow '67 classmate Linda Mustion who works hard to research and support our fallen soldiers. Thanks so much, Linda, for all that you do!



Hi! Cathy......

I just wanted to let you know that while I had my display of the San Fernando Valley Soldiers killed in Vietnam at the Vietnam Traveling Wall this past weekend in Van Nuys, one of the people that stopped by was one of our classmates. His name was Steve Nelson. He did not remember me nor I him. He was friends with John Campbell who was killed in Vietnam. He sat down in the shade and read what I had on John Campbell and Bill Bric. I took a photo of him sitting and reading my notebook, but I lost my SD card as it got full and I took it out and put it in my pocket and it must of fell out somewhere in the dirt lot as when I got home I could not find it. Drove back on Monday and searched the whole dirt lot but could not find it. So no photo of Steve Nelson. We did talk and after high school he was in the service for 6 years and got out and worked at the Glendale, Van Nuys and Sunland post office before he retired. He lives in North Hollywood. He has visited your blog a few times so he knows how to get a hold of you if he wants. Just thought you would like to know. Sorry for no photo.......

Linda

Article: The American Veterans Traveling Tribute Exhibit Arrives at Van Nuys National Guard Armory

Be sure to visit Linda's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment