Wednesday, April 16, 2008

In Memory of Bill Tideback '68

Bill's Senior pic in color and his 11th grade in b&w

Sadly, we share the loss of a BHS Alumni - Bill Tideback, brother of classmate Mike Tideback '67. I remember Bill as a friendly and fun guy in school. May the Lord comfort and bless his family and friends during this time of loss. Thank you Alan and Cathy for the notice.

From Cathy Nicholls Coyle:
How sad. We lost another BHS alumni. I scanned Bill's 11th grade photo and Mike's 12th grade photo so you can post them on your blog.

From Alan Landros:
William "Bill" Tideback passed away on Sunday, April 13, 2008, just short of his 58th birthday. Bill had not felt really well since this past Christmastime, but didn't know what was wrong. Last Tuesday, April 8, he had become so ill that his daughter, Alison, rushed him to the hospital. It was determined that he had an intestinal infection, probably for sometime, and by this time he also had pneumonia in both lungs. Last Wednesday morning Bill was placed on a ventilator and put into a drug induced coma to try and save his life. He remained in the coma until his death on Sunday.

Bill Tideback was born May 2, 1950 in Iowa. He was in the Burbank High Class of 1968. He was very successful throughout his business career, and had retired early within the last two years.

Bill is survived by his daughter, Alison, now 30; his son-in-law, Bobby Castaneda; his 10 month old grandson, Joshua; his 81 year old mother, Fran; his brother, Mike Tideback, (BHS '67); and his former wife, Joyce Starleaf.

After cremation Bill's cremated remains will be interred in the Memorial Garden at Forest Lawn Hollywood Hills.

A Memorial Service honoring Bill will be this coming Sunday, April 20, at 2:00 P.M. at Salem Lutheran Church, (Joyce's church), in Glendale. Salem Lutheran is at the corner of north Brand Blvd. and Stocker St. in Glendale.

Alan Landros

3 comments:

  1. What a shock it was to learn of Bill's passing. I worked with Bill at Raytheon Data Systems and again at Northrop Grumman. There wasn't a nicer or funnier guy. Sometimes he was a little out there but that was part of his charm. And he did have charm. We loved you, Billy. You'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an absolute terrible shock! And of course, it just does not seem real. I too had the pleasure of working and getting to know Bill...or as I called him “Baby Boy.” I believe he loved that nickname as he giggled as I called him that! There are many reasons why I nicknamed him that...but the most important reason was that...he had the warmest smile...like most children. With that smile, he welcomed you into his heart. Bill was good man, very successful in work, personal, family, and spiritually. He could really make you laugh and of course he would make you think…did you know he was a great dancer? He was just so much fun to be around! An absolute wonderful person! The love and innocence of a child! A very happy person! I'm going to miss my dear friend, my groomsman to be, my brother in Christ. I will never forget you and I will see you again one day. HIS Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bill was simply THE best friend any one could have. I was honored to be one of them for the past 30 years. Every thing that Wendie and Lance wrote about Bill is right on the mark. I didn't learn of Bill's passing until last month (Christmastime 2008), so my grief is fresh and my heart is heavy from this most cherished loss. My nickname for Bill was Lil' Darlin' ..it's a southern thing. His for me was Queen Mary, which changed to Queen of Ice & Snow when I relocated to Alaska .. then Queen of Ice & Snow & Sand when my husband and I relocated to Arizona ..and finally Queen of Ice & Snow & Sand & Snow & Ice Again when we returned to Alaska after 4 years in AZ. All of those relocations and Bill never lost touch with me. He was the real deal and I loved him dearly. He will always be in my thoughts .. forever in my heart. Mary Fillmore

    ReplyDelete