Thursday, April 24, 2008

Shari Deuel Rides 109 Miles!!

Here's Shari Deuel Nicholls update from her Mulholland Challenge bike race - GREAT JOB, SHARI!
About all I've been doing is spending lots of time on the bike. My 1st big ride was April 12.

Here are the stats from it: 398 started
277 finished including only 25 WOMEN I finished 16th out of those 25 and was the only women over 52yrs.

My ride time was 9hr. 9 min. 12mph avg. for the ride.

109 miles w/ 12,500 of climbing. We headed out Malibu Cyn to PCH took PCH to Topanga. UP Topanga, Mulholland, Encinal, Little Sycamore, Yerba Buena, Cotharin and down Deer Creek to PCH. South on PCH to Decker Cyn(23) Mulholland, Stunt, Piuma, Cold Cyn, Mulholland, Las Virgenes to the start!

It was 100 degrees that day and miserable!!! But I finished. Out of 6 in our club I finished 2nd.

The next ride is the 'Breathless Agony' out of Riverside to Onyx Summit (wherever that is!) You can check out the route and some pics from last year at: Cyclingpros.com

I've ordered a new bike but it won't be here for 3 WEEKS!! Hopefully this ol thing will stay together for the next ride.

Off to bed. Another long ride is planned for tomorrow.

Take care and see you in the parade!

Shari

No comments:

Post a Comment