Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Jim Ranshaw ('68) and His Class Reunion

Below is the email exchange I had with Jim Ranshaw who is working on the reunion for the BHS Class 1968 - here is the link to their webpage: http://burbank68reunion.com/

And BIG THANKS to Cathy (Nicholls) Coyle and Annette (Dinolfo) Bennett '68 for Jim's 11th grade, 12th grade and recent pics!



Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 19:30:33 -0700
From: cathyjpalmer@yahoo.com
Subject: BHS Class 68 Reunion
To: bhs68reunion@hotmail.com

Hi Jim,

I added a link to your reunion website on our class of '67 blog here: http://bhsclass67.blogspot.com/

And if you or someone in your class wants to start a blog, I can help - it's free and fun!

Cheers!

Cathy Palmer
BHS '67

--- end ---

JIM RANSHAW wrote:

THANKS FOR THE INFO. I SET UP OUR BLOG BHSCLASS68.BLOGSPOT.COM, BUT HAVE NO REAL CLUE WHAT TO DO WITH IT. HAVE TO PLAY WITH IT WHEN I GET TIME. I WENT TO YOUR BLOG A FOUND THE BILL TIDEBACK HAS JUST PASSED AWAY. I KNEW HIM SINCE GRADE SCHOOL AND EVEN TALKED TO HIS MOTHER TRYING TO FIND HIM. I NEVER HEARD BACK FROM HIM THOUGH, SADLY IT APPEARS THAT HE WASN'T IN MUCH OF A MOOD TO TALK. I NOW HAVE FOUND THAT 49 OF OUR CLASSMATES HAVE PASSED AWAY. I FEAR THERE WILL BE MORE SINCE I'M STILL TRYING TO LOCATE ABOUT 68 PEOPLE STILL FROM OUR CLASS. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE INFO.

JIM

--- end ---

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2008 07:14:55 -0700
From: cathyjpalmer@yahoo.com
Subject: RE: BHS Class 68 Reunion
To: bhs68reunion@hotmail.com

Hi Jim,
Hey great you made the first big blog step! The first thing I did was scan and post the pages from the Ceralbus of all the senior photos here. Then sent an email asking folks to send me recent or old photos that I could post along with any updates, etc. Then I added youtube videos of music from the 60's etc etc.

Yes, very sad to discover those who have died. We have a memorial page on our blog here - this was the most difficult thing to put together - lots of tears.

But in general, the blog thing was easy for me as I already had a few personal ones where I could spout my opinions when no one else would listen to me - lol!

Would it be okay if I posted your email? That way it will spread the word a bit more about your upcoming reunion.

Thanks Jim!

Cathy

--- end ---

ABSOLUTELY! THIS IS THE E-MAIL I SET UP FOR THE REUNION. HOPEFULLY THIS WAY I WON'T HAVE TO SPEND SO MUCH TIME LOOKING FOR PEOPLE IN TEN YEARS FOR OUR 50TH.


No comments:

Post a Comment