Monday, September 10, 2007

Andrea Moxness

So glad we have connected, Andrea, and so looking forward to Saturday - 5 more days!

Cathy:

Love your blog! Thank you so much for all your hard work. Am happy to see people are responding.

I’ll be at the reunion and look forward to seeing everyone. I’m flying into LA from Pennsylvania on Thursday, Sept. 13, and will stay with my forever best friend, Deanna (Lloyd) Jennings until Sept. 21.

To catch you up briefly (way too many years have flown by), I married in 1969, and moved to Hawaii (Honolulu) in 1970. Loved the people, climate and the clothes! I returned to southern CA after divorcing, where I worked for Hughes Aircraft for eight years. But I yearned to get out of the LA area, so I moved to Port Hueneme (Ventura county) in 1982.

Then, I did the unthinkable! I moved to Pennsylvania in 1985. Everyone I meet here asks me WHY. It was simple, really. My brother and his family, who live in the Pocono Mountains, could use my help – and I wanted to be near them. So, I drove across country (with a friend and one of my dogs) and have been here ever since. I now live in Chalfont, about 20 miles north of Philadelphia.

I’m the Office Manager of a successful mechanical contracting firm, which I joined in 2000. Love my job, and feel very blessed to have it. I’ve simplified my life by going from owning a large home to now living in a lovely condo, where I no longer have to worry about snow removal or yard work. It’s perfect for me and my two cats.

I’m also blessed with good health. No life-threatening health problems here, knock on wood! My spare time is spent selling shopping sprees with Lia Sophia jewelry, spending lots of time with friends, and seeing my brother and his family every chance I get. I’m a Great Aunt to a 4-year old boy, and a soon-to-be-born little girl.

Well, that’s about it. It’d be so great if everyone would post to your blog. I just read Luana Scott’s entry, and it sounds like we actually may have been living in Hawaii at about the same time. Who knew!

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment