Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Dave LeSueur

Bless your heart, Dave, and thank you for sharing your courageous story. It will be so good to see you and your sweet bride at the reunion. And thanks for the link to your great column - lol!


Hi Cathy!

Thanks for setting up this blog - it has been fun reading it. I am finally getting around to writing you with my personal update. I haven't been very good at keeping up with former classmates, so I was thinking about what questions I would ask them, and decided to answer those questions myself.

What have you been doing the last 40 years?

After high school I went on a Mormon mission to France, graduated in Math from BYU and got married in 1971 (we just celebrated our 36th wedding anniversary). We have four children and four grandchildren. I worked as an actuary (pension consulting) in Century City while we were living in Sherman Oaks, then Encino and Tarzana. In 1994 I transferred to Denver and have lived there ever since then. In 2000 I was diagnosed with MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and retired in 2003 for health reasons.

What are you doing now?

The bad news about having MS is that I can no longer enjoy water skiing, rock climbing or running marathons. The good news is that I never have enjoyed water skiing, rock climbing or running marathons! I just do the things that I can. I spend my time reading, teaching a few piano lessons and volunteering for various community groups.

My latest hobby is writing columns. In the last year I have been published in the Denver Post, Rocky Mountain News, small community papers and MS magazines. It is not a very lucrative proposition. In fact, if you doubled all of my earnings from writing, I would have the same amount (even if you don't remember Algebra, you should be able to figure that out!). Here is a link to one of my Denver Post columns in case anyone wants to read it: Be smart: Eat your vegetables


Are you happy?

Yes, I am happy. As we all have learned the last 40 years, life is sometimes difficult. My challenges are physical and more obvious than some kinds of problems, but no one is immune from them. I would be happier if the Rockies were doing better. Having time to worry about Major League Baseball is probably a sign that life isn't that bad.

Thanks again Cathy for your work. I have attached a few photos. Look forward to next week!

Dave





No comments:

Post a Comment