Thursday, September 27, 2007

"Finally catching my breath!" Donna Luce

Thanks Donna for the update - Welcome home!

Cathy, Cathy, Cathy,

What can I say!! I think I'm finally coming down from my "high" after all the festivities last week. I just got home to Spokane Monday, the 24th and did not have a computer available to me while I was gone so I am just getting caught up with my e-mails.

I continued my week after the reunion with a trip to San Francisco and a tour of Alcatraz. I have a first cousin that I had never met that was one of the last prisoners to be released from Alcatraz when it closed in 1963. When he was released he vowed through to grace of God to never break the law again and he did a 180° from his life as a bank robber. He wrote a book about his life and his experience in Alcatraz about 4 years ago and autographs and sells his book on Alcatraz island. His mother and my father were brother and sister. The Lord truly is amazing. He is 72 years old and is a warm and giving human being. His name is Darwin Coon and his book is "Alcatraz, the True End of the Line". So if you ever get a chance to tour Alcatraz, look him up.

As for the reunion, I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. It seemed different this time, as I felt that I connected with classmates that weren't in my circle of friends in high school. Some have fulfilled their lifetime dreams and achievements, others have not because of those roadblocks in their lives, but we were able to put that all aside for one weekend and just have fun. Thank-you Cathy for giving us all your input on your blog and making it an experience that will continue for years to come. I hope that everyone keeps their addresses up to date so that for the 45th we won't have classmates missing or unable to locate.

By the way, does anyone know where Mike Gould is?? My e-mail address is: madonnan@comcast.net.

I have pictures that I combined. They're really great pictures and I'll send you some. Thanks again Cathy and if there's anything you need let me know.

God Bless, Donna Luce

(click to enlarge)



















No comments:

Post a Comment